Chapter 11 Summary
In this chapter you learned about trapping equipment and techniques on how to be a safe trapper. Let's review these introductory steps to trapping:
- Trapping is an effective wildlife conservation tool and can be used to relocate animals to areas of depleted populations, control damage to livestock, or supplement your income.
- Be sure you are familiar with the various trapping tools used by today's trappers, and what they are for.
- Remember, leg hold traps and bodygrip traps are illegal to use in Florida.
- Always wear hand protection when handling traps or trapped animals, to minimize the risk of contracting an infection. Let your healthcare professional know you are a trapper.
- Wash your hands and arms after handling carcasses. Disinfect any tool that comes into contact with a carcass.
- If you are interested in trapping, find a local trapper's association and take a class or get a mentor.