Chapter 4 Summary
After reading Chapter 4, you should understand the proper way to clean and store your firearms at home. Here are some key points to take away from this chapter:
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the firearm you are using is in good working order
- Your firearm should be cleaned regularly to help ensure shot accuracy
- When cleaning a firearm, ALWAYS ensure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction, and make sure the firearm is unloaded.
- Always remove live ammunition from the work area before you start to clean your firearm.
- Always wear hand and eye protection when cleaning your firearm
- If possible, always clean the firearm from the breech end.
- Be sure the patches and brushes you use are the same size as the firearm's gauge or caliber
- To clean the outside surface of the firearm, wipe it down with a lightly oiled rag
- If your firearm is damaged, always take it to a qualified gunsmith for repair.
- When storing firearms at home, always store firearms and ammunition separately and securely. Obey local regulations on proper storage of firearms.