Cleaning and Safe Storage of Firearms
Cleaning a Firearm
It is every hunter's responsibility to ensure their firearm is in working order before hunting. Not only does regular care and cleaning of a firearm ensure greater shot accuracy, it also helps ensure that the action and safety mechanisms function correctly. Let's look at how to clean a firearm, as well as the proper way to store one at home.
Always follow these safety rules when cleaning any firearm:
- Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Ensure the firearm is unloaded.
- Clear the workbench of any material you do not need for cleaning.
- Move all ammunition to a separate location.
- Make sure your work area has adequate light and ventilation
- Wear some type of eye and hand-protection gear.